[tlhIngan Hol] Placement of the adverb

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Oct 11 06:03:15 PDT 2017

On 10/11/2017 7:11 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> Is there a difference between these two sentences ?
>
> {pIj, paqvam vIlaDtaHvIS, jIHagh}
> {paqvam vIlaDtaHvIS, pIj jIHagh}
>
> or between these two:
>
> {pIj, paqvammo' jIHagh}
> {paqvammo', pIj jIHagh}

What you're asking is, can Klingons set aside parenthetical phrases?
/Often, while I'm reading this book, I laugh./ Notice that I set the
while-clause apart from the sentence with commas. This indicates an
interruption of my thought. I would not let it run on: /Often while I'm
reading this book I laugh./

Do Klingons do this? Probably. Everyday Klingon speech is probably a lot
less formal than we teach on this list. I don't think we've seen this
particular thing being done before, though.