[tlhIngan Hol] One more day

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 13:00:13 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Why is the number *one* important?  Since the default meaning of *latlh *is
> *additional one, other one, another one*, it seems to me that *one* can
> be safely be omitted.  A better questions would be:  How do you say
> *two/three/four* (etc.)* more days*?

I feel like *loS latlh jaj* or *latlh loS jaj* are both fine options, I
don't really feel like there's a significant distinction in meaning. Until
Okrand gives some direction that Klingons tend to prefer one phrasing over
another, or that one phrasing is out-and-out wrong, I think it's fine to
just leave it up to personal choice for now. Are there many instances of a
number used with one member of a N-N construction that could help here?