[tlhIngan Hol] Placement of the adverb

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Oct 11 06:52:50 PDT 2017

Am 11.10.2017 um 15:46 schrieb nIqolay Q:
> The appendix clarifies this to mean that the adverbial comes in front of
> the object-verb-subject construction, and that the adverbial can be
> preceded by other elements, such as time stamps.

I know that. So my question would be, which is the ovs-construction?

targh Sop loD = OVS
'e' legh be'Hom. = OVS

so these combined:

nom targh Sop loD = adverb+OVS
QIt 'e' legh be'Hom. = adverb+OVS

nom targh Sop loD QIt 'e' legh be'Hom.

Right?

> of at least one example of a question word that goes with the main
> clause: *potlhbe'chugh yay qatlh pe''eghlu'?*

Thanks for pointing this out. It stabilizes the theory, at least for the
question words.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"