[tlhIngan Hol] Saying I'm not there

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 14:26:15 PDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 1:16 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting thoughts nIqolay q.
>
> There is one more thing; I know -because it has been discussed in the list
> in the past-, that there is a case, where we don't use the {-taH}.
>

> But I don't remember for sure, what this case is. I think it is, when we
> are asking "when will you be here ?", so we say {ghorgh naDev SoH ?}
>
> But because I'm not certain, can someone verify this ?

I do vaguely remember a few canon examples of "location" pronoun verbs that
were used without *-taH*, which is why I said such verbs usually take that
suffix. I don't think those examples necessarily mean you *have* to not use
the *-taH* in that situation, only that there are situations where you can
get away without it. I don't think sticking to the "locative pronoun verbs
take *-taH*" pattern will cause any major mistakes.