[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom grammar questions

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 6 06:37:10 PDT 2017

Another proper noun to look for would be veng wa’DIch  (First City), the Klingon capital, but I’ve never seen it used with any suffixes.

--Voragh

From: SuStel

On 10/4/2017 4:33 PM, Lawrence M. Schoen wrote:
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 2:39 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name<mailto:sustel at trimboli.name>> wrote:
On 10/4/2017 2:33 PM, qurgh lungqIj wrote:
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Lawrence M. Schoen <klingonguy at gmail.com<mailto:klingonguy at gmail.com>> wrote:

Imagine a situation in which a Romulan challenges me to a duel. It's an honor thing, so naturally, I accept, but I hold the Romulan in such contempt that instead of asking someone like you to serve as my second, I instead assign that role to my pet mugato. Would I not describe the mugato as cha'DIchwIj?

A {cha'DIch} in that context is a special title for a specific role though, it's not just counting something.

It doesn't have to be. Since numbers can act like nouns
That was my point, yes.

I was just addressing the question about whether proper nouns or titles might get special treatment. We've seen cha'DIch used as an apparently special title, so I presented a few that couldn't be interpreted as titles or nouns.