[tlhIngan Hol] Possessive suffixes on ordinal numbers

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 01:02:41 PDT 2017

Lieven:
> My quick response would be to put the suffix on the noun

I thought about this possibility, however, as soon as I wrote {DujwIj
wejDIch} I got the *feeling* that the meaning became "my ship third".

But again I don't know.. Perhaps I get this impression being influenced by
greek/english..

However, if we have the canon phrase {qep'a' wejDIchDaq}, then perhaps this
answers the question.

On the other hand, I'm not quite certain this is the same case, since the
{-Daq} needs to necessarily migrate, since it is a type-5 suffix.

On the other hand of the other hand, this canon example shows that ordinal
numbers can take type-5 suffixes; so why not take other suffixes of other
types as well ?

mayqel q

Am 02.10.2017 um 09:34 schrieb De'vID:

> Did you drop a suffix ({-wIj})?

I guess he was in doubt where to put it, as that was his question.

My quick response would be to put the suffix on the noun. But the question
is not so bad, because we have canon for {qep'a' wejDIchDaq} So why not
{qep'a' wejDIchwIj}? I'll leave that question open for further discussion.

rIn.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"