[tlhIngan Hol] Discovery subtitles words

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 08:55:37 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 6:24 AM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> {Huj} is "strange" as in unfamiliar
> {jum} is "odd" as in peculiar, unexpected, fishy
> {taQ} is "weird" as in bizarre, unnatural, maybe creepy

This suggests that {HujHa'} works for "be familiar". {jIHvaD HujHa'choH
tawmey Sum} "I'm getting used to the roads around here." ("The nearby roads
are becoming unstrange for me.")

An "odd number" is {mI' mob}
> An "even number" is {mI' mobHa'}

{mob} also means "alone". It seems the metaphor here is that an odd number
can't be divided into two evenly, and so it stays in one piece by itself.

{qen Qu''a'mey DaDIghta'mo' 'ej De'vam chu' DapeSmo', qatlho'qu', Lieven!}