[tlhIngan Hol] {net Sov} vs {'e' Sovlu'}

Aurélie Demonchaux demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 11:12:50 PST 2017

Today I am trying to grasp the difference between {net + verb} and {'e' +
verb-lu'}

The way I understand it is, for example with "Sov"

net Sov = it is common knowledge that
'e' Sovlu' = someone (indefinite) knows that

Thus:
qama'pu' DIHoHbe' net Sov = It is common knowledge that we don't kill
prisoners
qama'pu' DIHoHbe' 'e' Sovlu' = It is known / someone knows that we don't
kill prisoners

Similarly with chaw' :
qama'pu' DIHoH net chaw'be' = we are not allowed to kill prisoners
qama'pu' DIHoH 'e' chaw'lu'be' = someone does not allow us to kill prisoners

Am I getting it right ?

Thanks in advance!
Aurélie
ghItlhjaj