[tlhIngan Hol] new words: bait + curious

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 20 05:56:21 PST 2017

Hello,

Here comes some more clarifications for the words used in Klingon subtitles:

----
For the archive: this is printed in qepHom 2017, page 14.
----
I think you can use either {tlhu'moH} "tempt" or {ngel} "attract, lure".
In either case, I suspect you'd use the {-meH} suffix. It would be
something like "…use a spaceship in order to lure/attract/tempt them."
{ngelwI'} would be an "attracter" or a "lurer," so that could be the
noun "bait" in this context.

----
Someone asked for a verb/adjective "be curious"
----
For this one Maltz would stick with known vocabulary:
{ghoj neHqu'} "he/she very much wants to learn"

----
This information from #qepHom2017 will be added to the page "Message
from Maltz" on qepHom.de:
https://www.qephom.de/e/message_from_maltz.html

--
Lieven L. Litaer