[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tIw

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Nov 30 08:06:51 PST 2017

Am 30.11.2017 um 16:47 schrieb Steven Boozer:

>    jItIwmo' jIvangbe'
>    [translation not available]  (DSC "The Vulcan Hello")

The english was:
"My commitment to this course of action is not emotional."

BTW, this is also only in the subtitles.

More details from qepHom 2017, page 13:
----
MO: For "logic," use the verb {meq}. It's a verb that means, among other
things, "think logically." I think Klingons would use a verb when
talking about types of thinking rather than a noun.  For "emotions," you
can use the verb {tIw}. This means "react emotionally, behave emotionally."

LLL: Can {tIw} take an object? As with meaning of "feeling emotions",
being one's own, or someone else emotions?

MO: No. I don't think it can take an object. You'd probably say
something like: {cheghDI' bangwI' jItIw.}

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"