[tlhIngan Hol] Logic and emotions

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 20 03:31:07 PST 2017

Hello again,

some details about logic and emotions:
----
For the archive: this is printed in qepHom 2017, page 13.
----
MO: For "logic," use the verb {meq}. It's a verb that means, among other
things, "think logically." I think Klingons would use a verb when
talking about types of thinking rather than a noun.  For "emotions," you
can use the verb {tIw}. This means "react emotionally, behave emotionally."

LLL: Can {tIw} take an object? As with meaning of "feeling emotions",
being one's own, or someone else emotions?

MO: No. I don't think it can take an object. You'd probably say
something like: {cheghDI' bangwI' jItIw.}

LLL: How would one say "feel" in the meaning of "sensing", like when the
Betazoid says "I can sense a presence" or "I can feel that he is angry"?
This is more than guessing, this is something that one perceives.

MO: The word you want is {jem}. It means "sense, feel, perceive, detect"
and can be used in the way you describe, but also for a machine that
detects something (like a smoke detector).

----
This information from #qepHom2017 will be added to the page "Message
from Maltz" on qepHom.de later:
https://www.qephom.de/e/message_from_maltz.html

--
Lieven L. Litaer