[tlhIngan Hol] Meta: Discussions about new words found in Netflix' Klingon subtitles for Star Trek: Discovery

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Nov 13 13:17:10 PST 2017

Two possible new words in episode 9 (Into the Forest I Go):

== ngel ==

(verb) Appears to mean something like "lure", "bait", "attract", "divert" or "draw (toward / away from)".
Interestingly, it's {leng} backwards, which might give some hint as to its meaning.

{pa'vovo' chaH DIngelmeH, 'oH wIlo'.}
= "We use it as bait, to draw their flagship away from Pahvo."

== tlhamchem ==

(noun) "gravitational field"; compare with {HoSchem}, {pIvchem}, {Surchem} and {peQ chem}

{tlhoS nIb So'wI' tlhamchem, wojvam je.}
= "[Something about tiny imperfections] that correlate to the cloak's gravitational field."