[tlhIngan Hol] rIqa lIH

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 13 06:22:58 PST 2017

I don't know if the Beginners Grammarian has answered yet, but before
nobody does, I'll just give a short comment on this:

Am 06.11.2017 um 01:17 schrieb Rike Hermanni:
> Qapla! naDev chu' jIH.

Adjectives are actually used as verbs in Klingon, so I would suggest
{jIchu'} "I am new".

> rIqa 'oH pongwIj'e'. DoyIchlan vIDab. tlhIngan Hol vIghojchoH.
> SaqIHmo' jiquv.

The grammar in your sentences is fine, but I suggest you think about
your name, or at least show how it is pronounced. Since you like in
Germany, I suppose you spak Germen, so I'll use that as a basis (useful,
since I don't know an English word to use here)

{rIqa} rhymes with German "Reh"+"ka". If you want it to be closer to i
as in "see" (or German "Igel") then write {rIy}.

Do you know the Klingon language Wiki? It as lots of information, also
in German: http://www.klingonwiki.net

And if you need an exercise book to work with, I'd suggest you get my
book published this summer.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"