[tlhIngan Hol] Meta: Discussions about new words found in Netflix' Klingon subtitles for Star Trek: Discovery

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 08:11:53 PST 2017

I like this new word {rIS}, for two reasons.

One, I like that there's an implied etymological connection between the two
meanings of "making a crackling sound" and then "emitting a signal", one
derived from the other. It's fun when Okrand hints at or fleshes out
details of the language development.

Two, that pun is atrocious, which is the best kind of pun.