[tlhIngan Hol] asking didn't you arrive

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Nov 3 04:55:28 PDT 2017

Am 03.11.2017 um 12:15 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> So, as soon as he finishes proving that he isn't a traitor, he wants to
> say: "So, am I ? (a traitor)"

It's as imcomplete as the english, so it does not work. I would
understand it in daily speech as some kind of clipped Klingon, but would
not recommend to use this too often.

The problem with this is that we are used doing this in English, where
we have those adiditonal verbs (forgot the linguistic term) that can be
used to refer something else: Did you? Has he? Are you? He doesn't.

When speaking Klingon, you should forget about those translations and
focus on the Klingon instead. {jIH} means basically "I, me". So if
anything, {jIH'a'} just means "Me?" or "I?"

> {maghwI' ghaHbe'lu'chugh vaj..}
> If someone isn't a traitor then..

No, that makes no sense. What bothers me here is the indefinite subject
suffix -lu' combined with a pronoun, but I can't tell why.
I'd suggest using vay' here to avoid the situation.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"