[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rItlh naQ

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed May 10 13:31:04 PDT 2017

On 5/10/2017 4:08 PM, kechpaja wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 03:30:57PM +0000, Steven Boozer wrote:
>> nguv 			be dyed/stained/tinted (v)
> Is there a defined way to say "to be dyed {color}" other than {nguv 'oH.
> Doq.} or something similar with an explicit conjunction?
>
> There's a part of me that wants to say {DoqmoHlu'}, but I've never seen
> that in use, even in a non-canon context.

*DoqmoHlu'*/it is made red/orange./ This doesn't explicitly say that dye
or staining was involved; it could just as easily apply to a pale person
getting a sunburn.

On the other hand, there's no reason you can say it in two sentences.
Klingon does that a lot. *'oH nguvlu'pu'; Doq*/It has been tinted
red/orange/ (literally, /it has been dyed/stained/tinted; it is
red/orange/).