[tlhIngan Hol] The new old Klingons

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu May 18 06:46:00 PDT 2017

Consider breaking up the long English sentence into two shorter Klingon sentences.  Here's some vocabulary and examples to play with:

lo'Ha'         waste (v)

HoS lI' Dalo'Ha'chu'
You are a total waste of good energy! PK

lo'laHbe'      be worthless (v)

vIlo'laHbe'
They are useless to me. I cannot use them. TKD

leghlaHchu'be'chugh mIn lo'laHbe' taj jej
A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye. TKW

  lo'laHbe'; chetvI' chIm rur
worthless as an empty torpedo tube KGT

lo'laHbe'ghach  worthlessness (n)

lI'                 be useful (v)

  Qu'vaD lI' net tu'bej
One certainly finds it useful for the mission.
One will certainly observe that it is useful
 to the mission. TKD

  Qu'vaD lI' De'vam
This information is useful for the mission. TKD

  HoS lI' Dalo'Ha'chu'
You are a total waste of good energy! PK

lI' 'e' Datu'
You will find it useful. PK

lI'qu' tlhIngan may' taj
The Klingon battle knife is designed primarily for
 versatility of use. SP2

    bIDaqchu' 'ej jagh De' lI' DaSuq
Intercept useful enemy information.  MKE

lI'be'         be useless

  wa'maH yIHmey lI'be'
ten useless tribbles CK

__