[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu' chabal tetlh!

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Mar 21 09:01:06 PDT 2017

On 3/21/2017 11:55 AM, Rhona Fenwick wrote:
> Playing word-games" was not on my agenda and that was the reason for
> my replacement proverb. If that wasn't enough I'll apologise in
> English: I'm sorry for the confusion.

I wasn't accusing /you/ of playing word-games; I meant that we all have
to play word-games when we come across a concept which simply hasn't
been given to us in Klingon. We simply don't know what Klingons call the
stuff that falls from the sky when it *peD*s. To talk about that stuff,
we have to play word-games. We have to invent descriptions that our
listeners are going to understand, then talk about the stuff we just
described without ever actually naming it. Or we have to side-step
talking about the actual stuff and just hint at it by talking about its
effects or its origin.