[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghochwI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 13 06:28:06 PDT 2017

> Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, March 11, 2017
>
> Klingon word: ghochwI'
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: the constellation called Tracker
> Source:

{ghochwI'} ("The Tracker") is the title of a sculpture in Torghn's house. It is a 3D representation of {ghochwI'}, the name of the constellation in the Kahless myth containing the bright star which Boreth orbits. The {Hov lat} is a "symbolic representation of the constellation known as The Tracker. The constellation contains the star which is believed to be where Kahless was pointing when he said, 'I will be there'." The Chalice of Kahless is "placed before the {Hov lat}, where it is always left, filled with wine, in case--the saying goes--Kahless comes. The wine is replaced every ninth day."

Nomen agentis of {ghoch} "track, track down".

"We are hunters, Captain, tracking and taking what we need." (Mara, TOS "Day of the Dove")

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'