[tlhIngan Hol] elephant

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Mar 28 03:39:58 PDT 2017

Am 28.03.2017 um 12:14 schrieb De'vID:
> FWIW, I draw the same distinction as SuStel.
>
> Also, {'e'levan} and {mauS} appear to be names (which just happen to

Just as a neutral side note, for the record:
"mauS" is not from Okrand, {'e'levan} is.

> Hol} are languages. The fact that {'e'levan} and {mauS} are not
> rendered as {'e'levan Sargh'a'} and {mauS Qa'Hom}

further: Okrand wote that {Qa'Hom} is fine for "mouse".

> Klingon would classify such animals) would indicate that {'e'levan} is
> seen as a proper name here, not a loan word.

That's why I did not post the message in the first place. I prefer I had
not forwarded this, but it's the lists's policy to share anything from
Okrand.

Maybe someone can ask him, I will not. I don't want to appear as the
prophet of canon.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh