[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu' chabal tetlh!

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sat Mar 25 07:30:02 PDT 2017

On 3/25/2017 9:39 AM, Felix Malmenbeck wrote:

> == DISCUSSION ONLY ==
>

> > We can say *DorDI' Hogh* and we generally accept *taghDI' Hogh,*
>
> > so I'm not devastated by this lack. (I wouldn't mind a verb for/
> /
>
> /> begin [a period of time does this]/.)
>

> There is quite a lot of canon support for {tagh} having a dual syntax:
>

> *tagh *[event]. = "[Event] begins."
>
> [event] *tagh* [agent]. = "[Agent] starts [event]."

I'm not referring to dual syntax; I mean *tagh* is glossed /begin a
process, initiate,/ which might suggest that it refers only to processes
or events, not to time periods. All of the examples of *tagh* you
provided refer to events or processes, except possibly *tagh
HarghchuqmeH poH,* which is a time period defined by an event. The
question is, does a week "start a process, initiate"?