[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu' chabal tetlh!

Jeremy Silver jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Mar 25 02:43:35 PDT 2017

On Saturday 25 Mar 2017 00:20:06 ghunchu'wI' 'utlh wrote:
> > On Mar 24, 2017, at 12:01 PM, Jeremy Silver <jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk>
> > wrote: Would we have or want a word (or a way to describe):
> > pump (v) - as in move fluids through pipes.
> The verb {ghIt} is glossed "flow, gush, spout". I don't know whether it can
> describe water moving in a pipe, or if it is exclusive to a fluid exiting
> or being forced out. If the former, then {ghItmoHwI'} would be a pump --
> except it is already in the lexicon as "fountain".  I guess {ghoSmoHwI'}
> will have to do.

We're after the verb. Adding {-wI'} to it should be a given to create the 

Assuming {ghIt} is only for gushing and spouting out, it's the word for when 
something has gone *badly* wrong if the fluid is your very life-blood or the 
content of the head's storage tank. There are some fun stories (if they don't 
get deleted) from former submariners about what can happen if the wrong valve 
gets turned.

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list