[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu' chabal tetlh!

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Mar 21 15:28:13 PDT 2017

>> {bIQ'a' 'ev tIng HeH}
>
> "border of the western ocean"? West-coast?

I'd translate it as "the ocean's western coast". So, for example, {'atlantIq bIQ'a' 'ev tIng HeH} would overlap with {'amerI'qa' SepjIjQa' chan bIQ'a' HeH}.

Useful canonical examples:

{veng chanDaq jIwam.}
= "I hunt east of the city."

{chan vengDaq jIwam.}
= "I hunt in the city to the east."

MO: The "city's east," meaning "the eastern part of the city," would make use of <yoS> "area, district": <veng chan yoS> (literally "city area-eastward district" or "city's eastward-area's district")."