[tlhIngan Hol] ngoH vs ngeH

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Mar 16 14:05:04 PDT 2017

I have always wondered why Vixis says her phrase in ST5

{nImbuS wejDaq 'ejDo' 'entepray' ngeHlu'pu'}
"The Starship Enterprise has been dispatched to Nimbus III."

incorrectly as {ngoHlu'pu'} or {nguHlu'pu'}.

Now I've had a look at those Star Trek 5 notes printed in HolQeD 8:4,
and indeed - the word is written there as {ngoHlu'pu'}.

So maybe she did not mispronounce, but she read what was written?

(I even thought it may be a pun, but unfrtunatley, the word {ngoH} was
released as "smear" long before the movie).

Is there anyone who can check if the typo was original, or just slipped
throught the HolQeD's editor's fingers?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh