[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: logh chal je 'angweD

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Mar 12 19:57:06 PDT 2017

On Mar 12, 2017, at 6:35 PM, Michael Roney, Jr. <nahqun at gmail.com> wrote:
> "museum of sky and space" seems way to grand for a temporary tent or a small room that is part of a larger museum.

I wouldn't use {'angweD} for the sky-projecting domed room of a bigger building, and certainly not for that tent you described. The term that comes to my mind immediately is {chal lIlwI'}, or maybe {ram chal lIlwI'}.

> Even more confusing is adding "building" to the end as a museum is already a building.

Not quite. In English, a museum is usually understood to be a building, but it can also be a more abstract organization. In Klingon, it seems that {'angweD} has the abstract meaning as primary, and adding {qach} is the normal way to get across what in English is the default.

-- ghunchu'wI'