[tlhIngan Hol] What is a sentence?

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Jun 9 12:58:34 PDT 2017

Am 09.06.2017 um 21:03 schrieb SuStel:
> Oh sure. I'm not saying that an SAO isn't two sentences. It clearly is.
> I'm saying that it's a sentence composed of sentences. It's both one
> sentence and two.

Since a verb using a sentence as object creates a new sentence, I think
it's very clear that such a SAO-sentence can be the SAO in another sentence.

{targh HoH vav DaneH 'e' vIyaj net Sov.}
One knows that I understand you want your father to kill the targ.

[[[[targh HoH vav] DaneH] 'e' vIyaj] net Sov.]
[[[[the father kills the targ] you want that] I understand that] one
knows it]

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh