[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mI' tej

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 21 11:40:29 PDT 2017

Voragh wrote:
> Note that this is given as two words while the only other official
> example {'otlhtej} "someone who studies quantum mechanics" from qepHom
> 2014 is one.  Okrand has warned us, however, that spelling in compound
> nouns is somewhat fluid WRT word breaks.

SapIr asked:
>> Wait, I thought {Holtej} was also a compound. Is that not official?

It is here.  I think most of us use it for "linguist, philologist" but AFAIK Okrand has never vetted it.  (Anyone know differently?)  {Holtej} was the Klingon name of d'Armond Speers, who I believe was one of the founding members of this mailing list back in the 1990's.

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'