[tlhIngan Hol] le'yo' pun

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Jun 2 15:57:47 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> I can't find any mention of this pun in my archives.
>
> The word *le'yo' **pride* has come up on Facebook, and I noticed the pun.
> *le'yo'* resembles *Leo. *Leo is a lion. A pride of lions. Pride.

It was noted by Quvar immediately after the word was announced here.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Lieven Litaer <lieven.litaer at web.de> wrote:

> About the new word:
> > le'yo' (n) - pride
> >
> >      Just to be clear, this describes an emotion, as opposed to a tribe
> of lions.
>
> Lions?.... leo... le'yo'... Hm... :-)
>
> Quvar.

The tlhIngan-Hol archiver seems to have gone offline a couple of days
before that, and did not resume its job until the middle of September. The
MIT archive did capture it, though:
http://diswww.mit.edu/charon.MIT.EDU/ja%27chuq/89148

-- ghunchu'wI'