[tlhIngan Hol] SuStel please tell me, I need to know..

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Jul 31 06:35:19 PDT 2017

On 7/31/2017 8:38 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> SuStel:
> > jatlhqu'meH tlhIngan Hol naQ law' Quenya naQ puS
>
> SuStel let me ask you.. At this sentence, the {jatlhqu'meH tlhIngan
> Hol} is a {meH}ed noun, something like {QongmeH Duj} ?
>
> Or does it mean "in order that klingon speaks a lot..", which sounds
> somewhat strange ?
>
> Or is it rather "in order that he/they speaks/speak a lot, klingon is
> more complete than quenya" ?

My intention was is the last one, though remember, *-qu'* doesn't only
mean /a lot,/ it also (and perhaps primarily) intensifies the element
it's attached to. I intended the intensification. /For SPEAKING (as
opposed to something else) Klingon is more complete than Quenya./ The
something else is described in the next sentence: *mu' mung qun je
HaDmeH*/for studying word origin and history./

If you interpreted *jatlhqu'meH tlhIngan Hol* as a *-meH*'d noun (I did
not intend that), you'd still get more less the same meaning. /Klingon
for SPEAKING (as opposed to something else) is more complete than
Quenya./ The *-qu'* wouldn't mean quite what I wanted, though, since I
wasn't comparing Klingon for speaking with Klingon for studying word
origins; I was comparing Klingon versus Quenya for speaking and Klingon
versus Quenya for word origins.