[tlhIngan Hol] cheb

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 26 08:00:50 PDT 2017

Seruq:
> Back in '99 we had difficulty trying to calculate how much a cheb is.  MO
> was quoted as saying it was about 2.25 kg; then the BoP posted implied
> something closer to 2.578.

(Okrand, st.k 10/22/1997):  A common unit of weight is {cheb}, which is around five pounds (2.25 kg or so).

The {cheb'a'} is a unit of weight equal to 9 times a {cheb} (charghwI', interview with Okrand in HolQeD).

  wejvatlh SochmaH vagh SaD cheb'a'mey ngI' Duj
  Mass: 8.7 KT. (KBoP Poster)

See the entries at http://klingonska.org/dict/?q=cheb

> Since then, have we received any additional canon that would help to
> calculate a cheb?  Does the Monopoly game have any clues?

Nope, and neither does the paq'batlh AFAIK.

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'