[tlhIngan Hol] Don't they have jay' arrows ?

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Jul 19 07:42:54 PDT 2017

On 7/19/2017 10:30 AM, Lieven wrote:
> Am 19.07.2017 um 16:26 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
>> I can't understand why there isn't a klingon word for "arrow".
>>
>> How is it possible, that the almighty warrior race never invented
>> arrows or apparently never came to know them ?
>
> I need to return the question: Have you ever seen a Klingon on screen
> shooting arrows?

No, but I've seen a Klingon on screen being /shot/ by an arrow!

Barring a dedicated word, I'd probably just use *naQjejHom, chonnaQHom,
*or*gnIntaqHom* as the situation warranted. Maybe I'd say something like
*naQjejHom vo'lu'bogh*/minor spear which is propelled;/ maybe using
*vo'* instead of *chuH* is enough to show this just a small thrown spear.

Oh, look! This question has been asked before:
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/97330/klingon-for-arrow

I don't have /Hamlet/ handy. How did they translate /slings and arrows/?