[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'aSya'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 13 08:15:04 PDT 2017

> Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, July 13, 2017
>
> Klingon word: 'aSya'
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: Asia
> Source: qepHom 2016

We don't have a word for continent although I once found *{Hatlh'a'} used on the KLI's web site.  naHQun also suggested *{bIQpuH'a'} - as well as *{bIQpuH} "island".

(KGT 16):  The Klingon Homeworld {Qo'noS}, usually rendered Kronos in Federation Standard, is a planet with basically one very large mass of land surrounded by ocean; perhaps continent is a comparable concept.

>From qepHom 2016, the other Terran continents are:

'amerI'qa' 'ev chan 'ev  	North America
'amerI'qa' tIng chan tIng  	South America

'antartIq  			Antarctica

'aSralya'  			Australia

'ewrop  				Europe

... and let's not forget the Indian sub-continent:

barat  				India (TNK)

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'