[tlhIngan Hol] SuStel please tell me, I need to know..

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 31 08:31:14 PDT 2017

Some more examples of {-qu’} (emphatic) on action verbs (i.e. not qualities):

nom yIghoSqu'
Maximum speed. (ST5 notes)

maHeghbejqu'
It's certain death. (ST5 notes)

qIrq wItlha'taHqu'
Where Kirk goes, we follow. (ST5 notes)

qara'qu'
That's an order. (ST5 notes)

naDev Dochvetlh qemqu'
I really mean it this time! Bring that here! PK (pet command)

tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
Hit them hard and hit them fast. TKW

bIQapqu'meH tar DaSop 'e' DatIvnIS
To really succeed, you must enjoy eating poison. TKW

batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuv.
pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'
Then we die with honor and join our fathers in
the Black Fleet where we battle forever. (Anthem)

jIlujqu'
I lose in a big way". KGT

pInaDqu' tuqlIj wInaDqu' je
Glory to you and your house.
("We praise you highly; we also praise your house highly") KGT

jar DamaSqu'bogh yIngu'
What/which is your favorite month? (st.k 12/12/96)
("Identify the month that you very much prefer!")

laS veghaS HIltonDaq «Hov leng: yIjeSchu'»
qaSchoHmo', bIlopqu'meH HIlton yIghoS
Come celebrate the grand opening of “Star Trek:
The Experience” at the Las Vegas Hilton. (STX)

bIHeghqu'
You will die well (PB 142-143)

nom leng Hun nom lengqu' lut
Stories travel faster than a khrun (PB 130-131)

Hay'chu' luneHqu' vaj pe'vIl joqqu' cha' tlhIngan tIqDu'
Both Klingon hearts beat, at their strongest, in lust for blood. (PB 167)

--
Voragh

From: SuStel