[tlhIngan Hol] My list of 19 new words revisited

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 27 12:03:27 PDT 2017

FWIW we now have the noun {Su'nIm} “raised profile, ridges, pattern (as in fingerprints, tires, shoe tread)” from qepHom 2015.  Okrand affirmed at qepHom 2009 that a single forehead ridge is a {vIlHom}.

To describe foreheads {QuchDu’} we use {vIl} “be ridgy” vs. {Hab} “be smooth”.  Before {vIl} some of us used {ghegh} “be rough” or {tlher} “be lumpy” (associated with food in KGT) to describe foreheads, so I suppose these are available.

If I saw *{qab vIl / ghegh / tlher} though, I would immediate think of those latex prosthetics that Trek actors wear on their faces when playing aliens.  <g>

--Voragh

From: Philip Newton