[tlhIngan Hol] Don't they have jay' arrows ?

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 10:46:02 PDT 2017

If the play is from before {cha} and {pu'} had their modern meanings, maybe
it's not a dodge after all. Perhaps these words translate at least roughly
from no' Hol as "slings" and "arrows," and are connected to the irregular
plural of {peng} and the {pu'} in {DaSpu'}.

~mIp'av

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017, Anthony Appleyard <a.appleyard at btinternet.com>
wrote:
> {taH pagh taHbe’. DaH mu’tlheghvam vIqelnIS. quv’a’, yabDaq San vaQ cha,
pu’ je SIQDI’?}

> It seems to mean:
>
> "To endure or not to endure, now he must consider this (grammatical)
sentence. Is he honored, in the brain, when he endures the torpedoes and
phasers of effective/vigorous fate?".

> So the issue was dodged. We need a word for "arrow", a short word, not a
long periphrasis. And for bow, bowstring, quiver, etc.

> Also, in a scenario dominated by energy weapons, we seem to have no word
for "bullet", or "artillery shell".