[tlhIngan Hol] Don't they have jay' arrows ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 07:46:16 PDT 2017

This whole subject reminds me of something similar I had read about the
ancient Spartans, i.e. that they felt contempt for any type of weapon which
would kill from afar. So, perhaps -culturally-, this or something similar
could apply for klingons as well.

On the other hand, De'vID's comment was indeed very interesting, i.e.
describing an arrow with the word for spear plus the {-Hom}.

And taking this further, perhaps the ideal thing to do would be saying
{thlevjaQHom} in order to describe an "arrow", since the other types of
klingon spears are "hand held ones", in contrast to the {tlhevjaQ}, which
is thrown with the aid of a special tool.

Or perhaps we could say also {tlhevjaQ mach}..

qunnoq