[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: roQ

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 17 07:05:10 PDT 2017

AFAIK {roQ} has never been used by Okrand in a sentence.  I agree with De'vID: until we have any examples the simplest meaning - especially avoiding English idiomatic phrases like "put down an animal/uprising" - is the one probably intended.

All I can do is point out some (apparently) related vocabulary:

jotlh 	take down (v)
jotlhHa'  	put back up (v)

AFAIK never used.

chagh 	drop (v)

  'urwI' HoHmeH ghopDu'Daj neH lo'meH qeylIS 'etlhDaj chagh
  And Kahless dropped his sword to kill the traitor with bare hands (PK)

woH 		pick up (v)

  yIwoH
  [Pick him up! (untranslated)] ST6

  teplIj yIwoH 'ej pa'lIjDaq yIjaH
  Pick up your baggage and go to your room. CK

And like De'vID, I'm assuming that {roQ} is the antonym of {woH}. E.g.

  ? loQ jorwI' yIroQ 'ej ghIq ghopDu'lIj yIpep!
    Put the bomb down slowly then raise your hands!

SEE ALSO:
pum		fall (v)
lan  		place, put (v)
vev 		insert, put in (v)