[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: roQ

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 02:42:43 PDT 2017

On 16 July 2017 at 11:20, kechpaja <kechpaja at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 03:00:02PM +0000, Klingon Word of the Day wrote:
>> Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, July 15, 2017
>>
>> Klingon word: roQ
>> Part of speech: verb
>> Definition: put down
>> Source: TKD
>>
> To put down *what*, exactly? An object that you're holding? A rebellion?
> An injured animal who's about to die slowly and painfully? To insult
> someone?

Based on the definition only, I'd say that it was the antonym of {woH}
v. "pick up".

You can ask the same questions: Pick up what? Something into your
hand? Someone from the airport? A person one didn't previously know
for an amorous relationship? But in the case of {woH}, we have a canon
example of usage: {teplIj yIwoH} (Conversational Klingon).

--
De'vID