[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'aSya'

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Jul 13 12:47:26 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:33 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com
> <mailto:mihkoun at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     So we can glue two nouns together ?

Am 13.07.2017 um 19:45 schrieb SuStel:
 > No. Your question is exactly why we have to be careful when telling
 > people that Okrand said it wasn't a big deal.

Indeed, all of the above is correct, and I won't contradict.

Just for the record, I want to add that this is something that we have
agreed on, just because it makes it easier for beginners (and others) to
read the words. This is one of the situations of TKD that leaves
different interpretations and has lead to long discussions in the past:
some say that TKD only explains compound nouns, others see it as a
guideline how to "make" compound words. The three lines in TKD are
really not much, and after all, it really doesn't matter, so Okrand is
right that we shouldn't bother too much about that.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh