[tlhIngan Hol] The pronunciation of {Q}

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jul 11 12:26:58 PDT 2017

Am 11.07.2017 um 20:54 schrieb kechpaja:
> The Klingon {Q} is a uvular affricate, represented in the International
> Phonetic Alphabet as [qχ]

Thanks for this wonderful explanation. I just like to add two things:

a) You can easily describe {Q} in Klingon as {q} + {H}.

b) When teaching the sound to German students, I usually really say that
it's the same as KR, because in most German dialects, this is really
very identical to the Q-sound. I usually need to mention that there are
regions which do speak "K+R" seperately, so that doesn't count in that case.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer