[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: turmIq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 11 08:13:29 PDT 2017

> Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, July 11, 2017
>
> Klingon word: turmIq
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: urine
> Source: qep'a' 23

SEE ALSO:
qeQ  		fecal matter (n) (qep'a' 2016)
taQbang  	urine, fecal matter (n. slang) (qep'a' 2016)

Both are used with the verb {vuj} "expel, eject". (qep'a' 2016)

(qurgh, 8/15/2016):  Marc said about this word that it's for physically ejecting or expelling things only. It doesn't cover the meaning of "eject" or "expel" when a person is asked to leave somewhere and does so through their own ability (he was ejected from the club so he left and went home, the principal expelled the student), however it does count if the bouncer/teacher picks the person up and physically throws them out of the building. <....> I had a laptop that would practically launch CDs across the table when I hit the eject button, and Marc confirmed that was definitely {vuj}.

PUN:
"micturate" backwards (syn. for urinate)

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'