[tlhIngan Hol] Hovercraft

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Jul 9 10:41:02 PDT 2017

On Jul 8, 2017, at 5:32 PM, Jeremy Silver <jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> We got a new word not too long ago, IIRC from the Air and Space Museum app:
> 'al        v    float (in/on air)
>
> That would seem to be a perfect substitute for the word "hover", I would
> think.

loQ jIQoch.

I get the impression that {'al} is not right for powered flight like a helicopter or hummingbird. I would use it for a hot-air or helium balloon, a blimp, or a dirigible.

On the other hand, a hovercraft doesn't actually hover. It floats *on* a partially-contained volume of pressurized air, but not *in* air as I understand {'al} to mean.

-- ghunchu'wI'