[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' webpage

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 13:19:57 PDT 2017

SuStel:

*> jIHDaq ve'**> he travels on me*
> He's riding on my back, or something like that. The
> destination is unstated. You can tell that *jIHDaq* is not the
> object of *ve'*because the verb prefix agrees
> with *he/she/it/they/none.*

I fail to see how the {jIHDaq ve'} produces the "he travels on me".

According to the canon (or so I think) example of {bIQtIqDaq jIjaH} for "I
go in the river/I am moving along the river" (HQ 7.4, Dec 1998), whenever
we have the {-Daq} with a verb of movement, which verb of movement has a
verb prefix indicating no object, then the {-Daq} indicates the location
where the going takes place.

So, as I understand the example of {jIHDaq ve'} the meaning isn't "he
travels (with a purpose) on me"; it is rather "he is traveling with a
purpose in the vicinity of me".

qunnoq