[tlhIngan Hol] A {tu'lu'} out of nowhere

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 03:25:04 PDT 2017

jIH:
> {cha' choQmey naQ tep choQ je bIngDaq}
> at the area below two full decks and the cargo deck.
De'vID:
> That doesn't work either, because only the half utility deck is under
> the cargo deck. Again, what is the grammatical role of {bIngDaq} here?

If we leave aside the intended meaning of the bird of prey poster,
would you accept as grammatically correct the {cha' choQmey naQ tep
choQ je bIngDaq} for "at the area below of two full decks and a cargo
deck" ?

jIH:
> The only way I can make sense of the klingon sentence is as it is
> describing the bop, and saying "there are two full decks (and then)
> under the cargo deck (there is) a half utility deck.
De'vID:
> And just what is wrong with this?

Perhaps my problem has to do with the way I understand the english
translation. Let me put it another way.

The way I understand the english translation, it means that "there is
the cargo deck and then there are 2 full decks and a half utility
deck" (cargo deck --> two full decks & half utility deck)

The way I understand the klingon sentence, it means that "there are
two full decks, then the cargo deck and then the half utility deck"
(two full decks --> cargo deck --> half utility deck)