[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'eb

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 9 07:24:17 PST 2017

> Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, January 09, 2017
>
> Klingon word: 'eb
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: opportunity, chance, opening
> Source: KGT

'eb Qav jatlhpu'
He said, "Last call!" CK

reH 'eb tu'lu'
There is always a chance. TKW

Hoch 'ebmey tIjon
Capture all opportunities.

jIpaSqu'mo' narghpu' qaSuchmeH 'eb
I was too late to visit you.
("Because I'm very late, the opportunity to visit you has
  escaped.") (st.klingon 1/1998)

qaSuch vIneH 'ach narghpu' 'eb. jIpaSqu'
I was too late to visit you.
("I want to visit you, but the opportunity has escaped. I
  am very late.") (st.klingon 1/1998)

qaSuchlaHbe'. jIpaSqu' vaj narghpu' 'eb
I was too late to visit you.
("I cannot visit you. I am very late, thus the opportunity
  has escaped.") (st.klingon 1/1998)

(TKW 51):  In Klingon, opportunities are captured [{jon}], not taken; a missed opportunity is said to have escaped [{nargh}].

SEE ALSO:
DuH 		possibility (n)
wanI' 	phenomenon, event, occurrence (n)
wIv 		choice (n)
DIch 		certainty (n)

--
Voragh