[tlhIngan Hol] bahuvrihi (was Re: Interesting time stamp; etc)

Brian Cote wearetheinformation00 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:14:29 PST 2017

I've typed up the relevant passage from the intro:

"We know that the name of the book itself, {paq'batlh}, is some form of
{no' Hol}. It is grammatically backwards from what we find in modern
Klingon (where it would be {batlh paq} or "honor book"). The character we
are rendering with an apostrophe in {paq'batlh} may be a clue to some
missing grammatical element in {no' Hol} that may explain the transposition
of words. ... The rendering of {no' Hol} words into roman letters is meant
to mimic the system used to transliterate modern Klingon, but further study
may show that another romanization system may be more revealing."
(paq'batlh intro p. xxx)

QImSIr