[tlhIngan Hol] More paq'batlh

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 23:59:08 PST 2017

On 6 January 2017 at 03:11, Brian Cote <wearetheinformation00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. I have a couple quick questions about a passage from the paq'batlh.
>
> {tlhIngan wo' nur ghob je
> HoSmoH quvvam
> che'DI' molor nur ghob je pujchoHpu'}
>
> With it, I restore pride and values
> Of the Klingon Empire, for under Molor,
> They have grown weak and faint.
>
> (paq'raD 16:7-9)
>
> Shouldn't the third line read:
>
> che'DI' molor, pujchoHpu' nur ghob je

Probably.

> Or am I missing something?

Maybe it reads:
che'DI' molor nur ghob je, pujchoHpu'.

(But, yeah, I think {nur ghob je} should be the subject of {puj}, too.)

> And a quick time question. In the third sentence, this particular
> combination of {DI'-choH-pu'} means that in the time span of Molor's reign,
> the weakening of {nur} and {ghob} started and then finished, correct? If so,
> I find this particular usage of grammar very cool.

{-DI'} means "as soon as", not "during".

As soon as Molor reigned, pride and values became weak (whereas they
weren't weak before), and this was completed.

--
De'vID