[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "many times" workaround

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 08:30:59 PST 2017

many times in the past I have been wanting to find a way to express "many
times".

now, I am certain that someone will say "what's wrong with {pIj} or {roD} ?"

and the answer is, that there is nothing wrong with them. however, apart
the subtle difference between "often/many times/customarily", there is
another reason for needing this alternate way of expression.

if you are writing a long post, you need to have alternate ways of
expressing the same thing, in order to be able to avoid repeating the same
word over and over. so, the more alternate ways of expression we have the
better.

now, in order to demonstrate this wonderful workaround that came to mind,
lets use an example inspired by the recent tragic events which took place
at another thread..

"many times I have told you I will never again use punctuation marks".

before today, the only ways I could translate this would be:

{pIj qajatlhta', not ghItlhmeH mu'tlhegh Degh vIlo'qangqa'}
or
{roD qajatlhta', not ghItlhmeH mu'tlhegh Degh vIlo'qangqa'}

however, there is an additional way of saying this:

{SaDlogh qajatlhta', not ghItlhmeH mu'tlhegh Degh vIlo'qangqa'}
a thousand times I have told you, I will never again use punctuation marks.

of course, instead of {SaDlogh}, we can say {vatlhlogh} {netlhlogh},
{'uy'logh} and so on.

while writing, because I often wanted to say "many times", I was dying to
be able to write {law'logh}, but of course I couldn't.

luckily, now I found a way to compensate. maj. another problem solved..
Qapla' !

qunnoH jan puqloD
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'
SuvwI'pu'qoq Hol tughojmoHta' Satlho'