[tlhIngan Hol] <<poSayDon>> vImughlI'

Anthony Appleyard a.appleyard at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 16 21:27:10 PST 2017

About using words with extended ranges, there are English examples:-
"For a kickoff" for "for a start" used where football is not involved. (British usage)
"Under my thumb" and "wrapped around my little finger" started in falconry and referred to the route of a hawk's leash when it is sitting on my fist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falconry
Usage could easily extend from the start of an opera to the starts of other things.