[tlhIngan Hol] <<poSaydon>> vImughlI'

Brian Cote wearetheinformation00 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 15:52:53 PST 2017

Hello, here's my first draft attempt at translating the opening
of one of my favorite short pieces by Franz Kafka: "Poseidon."

vummeH raSDajDaq ba' poSayDon 'ej SIm.
>Poseidon sat at his desk, doing figures.
>Poseidon saß an seinem Arbeitstisch und rechnete.

Hoch bIQmey loH not 'e' mev.
>The administration of all the waters gave him endless work.
>Die Verwaltung aller Gewässer gab ihm unendliche Arbeit.

boQwI'pu' law' rItlaH, mI'chaj vuSHa'lu', 'ej SaHbej HochHom
chaH, 'ach ghaHvaD potlhqu'mo' Qu'Daj, Hoch Simqa', 'ej vaj
loQ luQaH neH boQwI'pu'Daj.
>He could have had assistants, as many as he wanted — and he
did have very many — but since he took his job very seriously,
he would in the end go over all the figures and calculations
himself, and thus his assistants were of little help to him.
>Er hätte Hilfskräfte haben können, wie viel er wollte, und er
hatte auch sehr viele, aber da er sein Amt sehr ernst nahm,
rechnete er alles noch einmal durch und so halfen ihm
die Hilfskräfte wenig.

QImSIr